This policy sets out how Boat Pickers Australia PTY LTD (ABN 48 632 597 043) and group websites within the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
How does BoatPickers protect my privacy?
BoatPickers respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988) (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and applicable privacy regulations.
BoatPickers is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information about me is collected?
Personal information collected by BoatPickers will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- bank account and or credit account details;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business information, such as ABN and license number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example vehicle details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance or insurance;
- information about the devices on which you visit the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network, and your activities on those devices or sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
- records and content of communications with BoatPickers or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in the BoatPickers Terms and Conditions of Use);
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment; and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by BoatPickers.
BoatPickers and the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network, do not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Boat Pickers may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is my personal information collected?
BoatPickers collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to BoatPickers or our Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network websites, in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites; when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from BoatPickers or a third party via the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by BoatPickers, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with BoatPickers or any other person using BoatPickers Communications Services;
- from third parties such as re-sellers of BoatPickers services and service providers to BoatPickers;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network (Linked Sites);
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
- through use of Pickers Bros. PTY LTD proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, which include all Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network websites, our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
How is my personal information used?
More specifically, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve and use within BoatPickers products and services and by it’s outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by clicking here or using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
- for purposes connected with the operation of the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by BoatPickers.
How is my personal information shared?
BoatPickers may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Pickers Bros. PTY LTD. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network websites and staff;
- the public if you advertise with BoatPickers or use publicly available Communications Services;
- individuals and organisations that advertise with BoatPickers if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through BoatPickers – depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired, these may include:
- private advertisers;
- licensed boat dealers;
- original equipment manufacturers;
- boat brokers;
- operators of third party web sites, co-branded web sites and applications and advertising served to the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network by third parties;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- boat inspection service providers;
- transportation service providers;
- payment services providers;
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services; If you do not want BoatPickers to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry or acquire those services.
- outsourced service providers who assist BoatPickers to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
- professional advisers;
- data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them (you can opt out of this type of activity by letting us know here); and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- re-sellers of BoatPickers services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of a Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network website or any of it’s assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Where BoatPickers discloses your personal information to a data service provider, Pickers Bros. PTY LTD will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
How do I keep my personal information up to date?
BoatPickers strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. BoatPickers may verify the accuracy of personal information it holds against information about you held by a third party. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) or contact us by email at email@example.com
BoatPickers may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How do I access my information?
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please click here or on the contact us link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. Generally, there will be no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Depending on the volume, type or method of access to the information you request, BoatPickers may charge you some fees, however, these will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
How is my information protected?
The Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on the Pickers Bros. logs.
Is my personal information shared outside of Australia?
Can I deal with BoatPickers anonymously?
You may deal with BoatPickers anonymously by using a pseudonym, unless BoatPickers is required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if I choose not to provide my personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, BoatPickers may not be able to provide you with the full range of services.
Is my location collected?
When accessing the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network from a mobile device, we may request permission to collect your location from your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you consent to the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services.
How does the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network and Linked Sites record my activity and use it?
When you visit a website or use an application on the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network, we record the information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. Such information collected by BoatPickers may be linked to other information BoatPickers and the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network websites hold about a user, compiling a complete profile about BoatPickers users’ browsing, purchasing and other activities. This data may be used by BoatPickers to categorise a user and provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising- including advertising by third parties. Data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes where the user is already a customer of the advertiser.
We partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for the purpose of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our partners use this information to recognise you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. For example, our partners may deliver an ad to you in your web browser based on a purchase you made in a physical retail store. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general or to opt out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://networkadvertising.org/.
BoatPickers uses “cookie” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years or longer in some cases).
Cookies may be used by BoatPickers or by service providers engaged by BoatPickers to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network, measure and analyse usage of the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD Network and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data and other data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties via advertising exchanges or other data sharing platforms for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled BoatPickers may not be able to provide you with the full range of Pickers Bros. PTY LTD services.
BoatPickers also uses Google Analytics cookies to record visitor behaviour on the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network. This information may be used together with other third party cookies such as Google advertising cookies and other personal information you may have already provided to us (or we have received from a third party with your consent) in order to personalise the advertising that you see on and off the Pickers Bros. PTY LTD network. The Google Analytics Advertising Features used by BoatPickers are called Re-marketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. You can opt out of these by visiting Google Analytics’ site here.
How to contact BoatPickers about my personal information?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to inquire about privacy please contact us.
Boat Pickers Australia PTY LTD, PO Box 7387 Redland Bay, QLD Australia 4165
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org