Ad ID: 5719
Sale Price: $650000
City: Brisbane East
Performance Propellers Pty Ltd. Queensland Australia.
Marine propeller repairs, modification, sales and service.
Own a nationally renowned workshop in Bulimba
Why do boat dealerships from 5 Australian states and several international companies send their propellers to this one workshop in Bulimba? There’s simply no other specialist service on the east coast of Australia who can deliver and certify work to the level of Performance Propellers.
The owner Colin Lough is offering his successor the workshop, business goodwill, equipment, and training to become a certified International Standard Organisation (ISO) technician and replace him as one of Australia’s leading propeller technicians.
About the business
Performance Propellers uses the world’s most accurate scanning tool (PropScan®) to identify and fix inaccuracies in propeller geometry and optimise performance. This results in significant fuel savings, increased boat speed, reduced vibration, correct engine RPM and correct engine loading for a wide range of commercial, military, and recreational boats.
What makes this business unique is that it’s certified at the highest level of accuracy by International (ISO-484) Standards. These represent widely recognised standards that define the manufacturing tolerances for marine propellers. Prop Scan EPS – (Enhanced Propeller Standard) is used as measuring and reporting software, for the correction and modification of propellers, and has been developed by experts in the field to further enhance the respected ISO 484 Standard. Prop Scan EPS adds an additional accuracy class, as it takes 57 precise, recorded measurements at each section of a propeller for all ISO 484/2 Classes.
As a result of this unique capability, Performance Propellers has customers across Tasmania, South Australia, Victoria, NSW, and Queensland who are sending their propellers up to 2400km to be serviced by Performance Propellers.
They’re the only Certified Volvo Penta Propeller Repairer on the Australian East Coast, and one of their contracts is to certify the propellers for every new Riviera Boat that hits the water.
About the opportunity
The sale of Performance Propellers includes:
• Bulimba Workshop with $160,000 worth of equipment at current resale valuation. Includes two new Prop Scan units purchased in 2018 for $80,000 (representing a long-term investment, with the previous unit lasting more than 20 years).
• 6 months of on-the-job training under Colin’s tuition. You will become a certified ISO technician and learn to use the world’s best scanning equipment to its maximum capability.
• Exclusive partnerships with referring boat dealerships, evidenced by the list of current work orders, and written testimonials from present and past customers.
• Colin is offering further drop-in support for 12 months. This means you can request his input and assistance with large, complex or unusual jobs, problem solving, high demand periods, or other guidance.
Who will this suit?
• Ambition: Someone who takes pride in producing work of distinction and is interested in managing, operating and expanding a business of national repute.
• Skills: No specific skills or prior experience required (extensive training provided on the job).
• Location: Performance Propellers current location in Bulimba, Brisbane is ideal -with a premises lease able to be extended as required, and the current owner lives nearby for ongoing support. Situated close to the Brisbane River and easily accessible. However, the workshop is fully relocatable for anyone motivated to set up in a new location.
• Workload: With current work levels Performance Propellers requires two staff, full time. Will suit an owner-operator with an employee or apprentice, or perhaps co-owners. Opportunities for expansion also exist to meet future demands.
Why is the owner selling?
Colin is planning to retire and travel, but not until the new owner is competent and established. He’s allowing 6 months for full-time training and another 12 months of further support before he embarks on any adventures.
Future of the business
Performance Propellers Pty Ltd has been a successful business for 20 years, and is set for another 20+ years due to consistent service demands and referrals of business; a sustained competitive advantage in this market, and a large recent investment in propeller equipment (software and modification tools) for the long-term.
Performance Propellers Pty. Ltd. – Colin Lough
80 Taylor St, Bulimba
Phone 61+7+3899 1501 Fax 61+7+3899 9288
Find out more…
Phone Colin on (07) 3899 1501 to make a time to visit the workshop. He’ll walk you through what the business does, ISO Certification and Grading, the results and testimonials that define high performance, current work orders, and letters of endorsement from current referrers of work.