CREW PACIFIC HAS A UNIQUE JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR A PROACTIVE INDIVIDUAL:
RECEPTIONIST/SALESPERSON/SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT & STEWARD/ESS/DECKHAND TEACHER
The purpose of this role is to perform a range of administrative, clerical and social media duties without the direct supervision of the manager, plus assist in teaching Crew Pacific’s Stewardess & Deckhand courses each month. This job role would be suited to an ex-super yacht crewmember that has held roles as a Steward/ess/Deckhand, or Deckhand role.
RECEPTIONIST/SOCIAL MEDIA/SALESPERSON DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
2-3 DAYS A WEEK
- ANSWERING TELEPHONE AND E-MAILS: Regarding Australian and International Maritime qualifications, plus selling Crew Pacific Elementary super yacht steward/ess & Deckhand courses
- Assisting crew with registration for yacht positions, assist from time to time in recruitment.
- Setting up course classrooms for courses that are conducted each month
- Advising people about Crew Pacific “Free Zoom Career Evenings”
- A strong knowledge will be required in social media plate forms, such face book, Instagram, & Canva.
- Strong knowledge in word & PDF and be able to type at least 60 words a minute (touch typing if possible)
- Current drivers’ licence is required
HOURLY RATE FOR THIS ROLE: $27.00-$28.00AUD – this is pending on Experience & Qualifications
STEWARD/ESS/DECKHAND TRAINER DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assist with teaching 2.5 days of a Crew Pacific deckhand course each month
- Assist with teaching 2 days of a Crew Pacific Stewardess course each month
Ideally need to have the following in place:
- ABN number for training courses
- Hourly rate will be $25.00 per hour (then after completing 3 courses) your hourly rate will increase; however, this is pending on your teaching abilities.
- Ideally the candidate needs to have at least 2-3 years super yacht experience internationally & Nationally holding positions of steward/ess/Deckhand or deckhand on 35m plus vessels. If you have worked on both charter and private vessels this would be an advantage. Need to have a strong eye to detail
- Prefer candidate to hold a Cert IV certificate or is prepared to obtain this certification soon.
- Have good time management skills is essential
- Be well organised, clean tidy, and well presented
- Driver’s License is required.
- Must be a good listener, patient and be able to relay instructions clearly to students
Must be a Cairns based person. Must be able to drive and have their own transport as you will be required to transport students to excursion in Crew Pacific’s business car.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE FOR THIS ROLE: CASUAL
- 2-3 DAYS A WEEK RECEPTION: (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) work from 8.30am- 4.00pm.
- TRAINER: When courses are on you will be required for 2.5 days a week 8am-4pm.
START DATE: Late January/Mid February 2022